We are a community of learners that includes: staff, students, parents,and organizations from the community.
We are committed to assisting students to develop their abilities . . .
- to think critically
- to be creative
- to communicate
- to collaborate
- to be engaged
- to problem solve
- to make decisions
- to succeed
- are learner-centered
- build a community of learners
- understand each learner brings different knowledge to the table and we collaborate
- do in-depth research, revision, and reflection
- create new ideas and explore possibilities through positive interactions with others
- design projects in collaborative teams
- present what we have learned using a variety of technologies
- assess work using rubrics and BC Ministry of Education performance standards
Identified 7 Principles of Learning:
- Learners at the center.
- The social nature of learning.
- Emotions are integral to learning.
- Recognizing individual differences.
- Stretching all students.
- Assessment for Learning.
- Building horizontal connections.
From “The Nature of Learning” – Dumont, Istance, Benavides, 2010